Trade Findings and Adjustments 10-05-2023
Keve Bybee – firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we looking to do?
– Looking at covered call positions to give us a margin of protection
as we come to a bearish calendar season (SEP, OCT).
– FED is keeping rates higher for longer
– Longer term 10 year treasury yields go up.
What have we been up to?
– Protection on since rate decision
What is our Put protection for?
– Short term profits like the ones we booked a month ago?
– Do we just book short term profits to game the stock market?
– OR, are we focused on the concept of insuring stock ownership?
– So did we book those put profits for the sake of short term gains?
– No we are protecting our stock through long term trends.
– Don’t let a short term gain on puts make you think that we don’t
need to continue to protect our stock
– REMEMBER: there’s a difference between trading put options
and using puts like insurance on stock ownership.