Trade Findings and Adjustments 03-24-22
Keve Bybee – firstname.lastname@example.org
What is our current situation that we need to be aware of?
- Interest rates going higher .50% rate hikes instead of .25%
- Russia and Ukraine war still going on (how this affects the rest of world economy)
- Gas/Oil affecting prices and creasing inflation
- Wheat prices increasing with Ukraine and Russia stockpiling (using) their own resources as opposed to shipping it out.
- Fertilizer shortages
- Supply chain issues
- Tax season- Tax selling coming up which might surprise people how much they owe with child tax credits being given out ahead of time. People spent that money and didn’t save it, may have to draw from investment accounts to pay taxes.
What are some stocks that could do well in spite of the current situation?
- has lots of cash to pay debt and rely less on debt to keep building the company.
- Vertically integrated and have their own supply chain
- Incredibly cheap and well of its highs
- Parks are in high demand
- Disney + doing well
Look at LEAP Long Call options
- Call options that expire in about a year or more
- Will cost a few thousand dollars per contract
- If it goes down and you can buy it half off, it will lower cost basis by 25%
- Rule of thumb is only dollar cost average 3 times at the most
- Waiting for the option to lose half its value between each time that you dollar cost average.